1. Payment - Away With Words Speech and Language Therapy Service will invoice for services agreed. Accepted payment is bank transfer/BACS or cheque, to be invoiced by the therapist and paid by the date indicated on the invoice. If payment is missed services will be suspended immediately.
2. Cancellation - If the client cancels an appointment with over 24 hours notice, no fee will be charged. If an appointment is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, the full appointment fee will be charged. If the therapist is unable to attend an appointment, the maximum possible notice will be given and no charge will be incurred. The appointment will be rescheduled at the next possible convenient time.
3. Consent - Consent for assessment and treatment must be given by the child’s parent/carer before any intervention is provided by the therapist. A consent form will be provided by the therapist.
5. NHS Therapy - All clients are eligible for referral to speech and language therapy within their local NHS trust. It is the responsibility of the client to inform the independent therapist if they are receiving, or on a waiting list for NHS therapy, and to inform the NHS therapist of any independent therapist involvement. Away With Words Speech and Language Therapy works in accordance with the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT) ‘Working in Harmony’ guidelines.
6. Termination of Therapy - It is within the therapist's rights to terminate therapy or intervention with 24 hours notice. It is within the rights of the client to terminate therapy or intervention with 24 hours notice. This does not apply to school contracts. Term and termination of therapy for school contracts will be agreed in liaison with the school and drawn up in the contract prior to start of service.
7. Fees - Fees will be agreed with parets / carers in advance. Fees are subject to annual review.
8. Terms and Conditions - Terms and conditions are subject to change. Amendments to terms and conditions will be communicated to clients at the point of change. Agreement to these amendments is implied unless the client contacts Away With Words SLT to dispute the terms.